Oak Hill’s Center for Relationship & Sexuality Education (CRSE) offers a curriculum for teens that addresses the root causes of widespread sexual abuse and other related issues experienced by the IDD community. In published clinical studies, our evidence-based materials have been shown to effectively increase vital knowledge among this population.
A Comprehensive Curriculum for Individuals With Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD)
Designed primarily for secondary students, Oak Hill’s evidence-based curriculum increases critical judgment about safe relationships and sexual health.
Comprehensive curriculum includes:
- Instructional units based on national Comprehensive School Health Standards
- A wealth of best practice information, suggested extension activities and resources
- Teaching strategies that clearly present desired results, assessment evidence, and a learning plan that includes both content and process
- Scenarios for discussion, role-play and skill rehearsal
- A digital download with anatomical illustrations to support sexual health units
- Differentiated chapter tests that assess knowledge and judgment
- Rubrics to assess skill development and generalization to daily life
- Fully illustrated student manual with supplementary assignments and opportunity for parental reinforcement of program concepts
“I have been facilitating groups on sexual health at our school using the Positive Choices curriculum. It has been very well received by the students and provided a safe space for them to address questions and concerns regarding sexuality and relationships, helping them to avoid risky situations and it has resulted in an increased understanding of their bodies and feelings. This is a curriculum that is accessible for many individuals with special needs and addresses many facets of sexual health and human development, a topic that can often be difficult for educators to address.” – Clinician
Available for purchase as a PDF E-Booklet only*
To Order, Or For More Information:
- To buy online, click on this link: Positive Choices Curriculum Materials
- Purchase orders can be used at checkout. We will reach out to your organization by email for a copy of the purchase order prior to processing.
Please take some time to explore our innovative resources and let us know if you are interested in CRSE’s educational materials and/or services, please contact us at CRSEinfo@oakhillct.org.