Oak Hill’s Center for Relationship & Sexuality Education (CRSE) offers a curriculum for teens and a seven-workbook series for adults that that addresses the root causes of widespread sexual abuse and other related issues experienced by the IDD community. In published clinical studies, our evidence-based materials have been shown to effectively increase vital knowledge among this population.
Our Educational Materials
A Comprehensive Curriculum for Individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD)
Designed primarily for secondary students, Oak Hill’s evidence-based curriculum increases critical judgment about safe relationships and sexual health.
Comprehensive curriculum includes:
- 31 instructional units based on national Comprehensive School Health Standards
- A wealth of best practice information, suggested extension activities and resources
- Teaching strategies that clearly present desired results, assessment evidence, and a learning plan that includes both content and process
- Over 220 scenarios for discussion, role-play, and skill rehearsal
- A digital download with anatomical illustrations to support sexual health units
- Differentiated chapter tests that assess knowledge and judgment
- Rubrics to assess skill development and generalization to daily life
- Fully illustrated student manual with supplementary assignments and opportunity for parental reinforcement of program concepts
Excerpts (links included below)
- Table of Contents [PDF]
- Sample Teaching Strategy page 48 & 49 [PDF]
- Front and Back Cover [PDF]
- Student Workbook [PDF]
Available for purchase as a downloadable, PDF E-Booklet
- To buy online, click on this link: Positive Choices Curriculum Materials
- To use a purchase order, please contact us at CRSEinfo@oakhillct.org
A Seven-Workbook Series for Individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD)
The information in these workbooks is presented with sensitivity and reinforces the important concepts of healthy relationships: boundaries, consent, trust, respect, and responsibility. All workbooks promote critical thinking and safe decision making.
PLEASE NOTE: These workbooks are intended as prevention education, not crisis management. If someone is struggling with their own sexuality, has been the victim of abuse, or has demonstrated problematic sexual behavior, they need counseling or other clinical support services, which are beyond the scope of these workbooks.
These workbooks were designed for adults (ages 18 and older) and should be used for educational purposes only.
*Some of these workbooks include educational illustrations of male and female bodies without clothes on and have sexually explicit content.*
All of these workbooks can be read on their own, but for a full understanding, we recommend reading them in order, starting with the Health Series.
Download and Learn
- Click here to download all of our FREE workbooks in English!
- ¡Haga clic aquí para descargar todos nuestros libros de trabajo GRATIS en español!
Any questions? Email us at CRSEinfo@oakhillct.org